A few weeks ago we posted a silly quiz. We tend to laugh at Seattle area agents who try and practice real estate in Leavenworth and so we made a funny quiz for them.
Here are the answers:
1. Leavenworth has just one zipcode. 98826 runs from Leavenworth to Stevens Pass including Lake Wenatchee and Plain.
Peshastin has their own zipcode though - 98847 which runs from Peshastin to Blewett Pass.
2. 509-548 - This is a Leavenworth phone number. Before the use of cell phones, Leavenworth residents often just shared the last 4 digits of their phone.
509-763 is a Lake Wenatchee or Plain area number while 782 phone numbers are in Cashmere.
3. The pool at Kahler Glen is just for members of the Kahler Glen Athletic Club. The pool at Ponderosa Estates is just for residents and members, not for folks renting there. As for the pool at Chiwawa River Pines... there isn't one.
4. Some of the properties on Braeburn Road near Lake Wenatchee are in the flood way. While building can occur in the flood zone, it is not allowed in the flood way.
5. Lakefront property on the North Shore of Lake Wenatchee always sells for a premium. The properties listed for under $200,000 are for cabins on USFS "leased land." These properties do not include the land and the cost of permits has gotten quite expensive in recent years.
6. The Post Office is the name of a local tavern in Leavenworth. Beer is served. We don't recommend drinking at the other Post Office.
So, how did you do?